It’s the shortest month of the year, but that doesn’t mean the outings are lacking! Check out February’s selected outings and start making plans with your Little for a fantastic month!
- Until Feb. 11 – She Bends: Women in Neon: Check out this showcase of neon art, created by women neon artists. Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday (12 pm-7 pm), and Sunday (12 pm-5 pm). General admission $10; Kids 12 and under free
- Feb. 8-19 – PAFF: The Pan-African Film Festival highlights artists from the US, Caribbean, Africa, South America, and more to showcase the talent and diversity of African diaspora artists. In addition to movies, there’s also a fashion show, comedy, and music.
Saturday, Feb. 10 –
- Black Youth Guidance Forum: The Healthy Habits and Literacy Imperative for Communities of Color. This forum held at CSU Northridge provides participants with a unique opportunity to engage in educationally purposeful activities which include featured speakers.
- Community Service Day at Descanso Gardens: Bring your garden gloves to help plant the new Center Circle supervised by the horticulture staff. Ages 16 or older and all experiences welcome.
- San Gabriel Lunar New Year: Enjoy this all-day fest showcasing performances, music, food, and crafts.
- LA Cookie Con and Sweets Show: (discounted tickets here) Let your sweet tooth run wild at the biggest baking and pastry convention on the West coast! The Anaheim Convention Center features your favorite sweet treats and celebrity guests.
- Basic Jiu-Jitsu Seminar: Learn self-defense for kids in this free seminar, followed by a free pizza party! This Santa Clarita seminar is hosted by a Premier Martial Arts Chief Instructor.
Sunday, Feb. 11 –
- Salsa Sunday: Attend a family-friendly salsa dance class with Gustavo Vargas!
Tuesday, Feb. 13 –
- Family Tech Talk Night: Internet Responsibility and Citizenship. Leave your Little at home for this evening of learning about how you can teach your Little about responsible internet use.
- Mudbug Brass Band: If you and your Little are jazz lovers, check out this afternoon spectacle in honor of Mardi Gras!
Saturday, Feb. 17 –
- Green Life Food Festival: This 2-day, family-friendly event in Pasadena features local foods, workshops, speakers, and activities for kids.
- Hot Import Night: If your Little is crazy about exotic cars, check out this San Pedro showcase of the hottest car models.
- Golden Dragon Parade: Experience the magic of 2 dozen floats, marching bands, culinary delights, acrobats, and artisans at this free Chinatown event.
- Long Beach Comic Expo: Kids 10 and under are free for this weekend event showcasing comic books and pop culture.
- Black History Parade and Festival: The parade honoring Black History Month begins in Altadena and features free fun and activities for Bigs and Littles alike!
- Ni Hao’s Chinese New Year Festival: Celebrate the Year of the Dog in Rancho Palos Verdes with a giant slide, performances, games, and traditional Chinese foods!
- Lunar New Year at Santa Monica Place: This celebration features stilt-walkers, Korean fan dancers, a Chinese dough artist, a Chinese dragon dance, and more!
Sunday, Feb. 18 –
- Tabletop Games: Join the folks at Cypress Library for plenty of space and game choices to spend a Saturday afternoon!
- UCLA Women’s Gymnastics Team: The Bruins captivate the crowds at their meet against Utah at Pauley Pavilion.
Thursday, Feb. 22 –
- Passing the Torch – From Selma to Today: Join pivotal figures from the Civil Rights movement as they reflect on the march from Selma to Montgomery, and how we can transform racist and unjust public policy today.
Saturday, Feb. 24 –
- Kids Fun Zone: Head over to Norwalk Town Square for crafts, face painting, and games!
- Kids in Planes: Held at the Santa Monica Airport Observation Deck, pilots will be on standby to showcase aircraft to kids.
- Shop Small Pop-Up Street Fair: The Pike Outlets in Long Beach includes a ferris wheel, 60 local food booths, as well as places to view and purchase art, fashion, and handmade goods.
- African American Art Festival: This free, outdoor festival celebrates local artists and features interactive art projects, games, live entertainment, and African drumming and dancing.
- Irvine Park Railroad’s 22 Year Anniversary: Experience the fun of panning for gold, train rides, carnival games, moon bounces, and more at this 2 day festival!
- LA Travel & Adventure Show: If your Little has a case of wanderlust, join the top travel experts for cuisine tastings, cultural performances, and activities.
Sunday, Feb. 25 –
- Kids Blue Hike: Join Tough Women Only for a rigorous 3 hour, 4 mile hike at Eaton Canyon in Pasadena. Check the site for more details!
- UCLA Women’s Gymnastics Team: The Bruins captivate the crowds at their meet against Oregon State at Pauley Pavilion.
- Harlem Globetrotters: Your favorite showmen and women of the court are bringing their basketball hijinks and tricks to the Staples Center, as well as Anaheim and Ontario.